Due to a big number of inactive freelancers under the Freelancer Basic and Freelancer Plus membership, we are taking control measures which include
- All Freelancer Basic accounts will need to be upgraded to Plus
- If the Freelancer was already verified under Basic membership;
1. He/she will carry the verification status
2. The Upgrade is Free i.e the Freelancer will have a full month subscription for free
- If the Freelancer was still unverified under the Basic membership, a subscription fee of Ksh 299 will be paid before the upgrade is effected and the Freelancer can then get verified for free.
- Under the Plus membership, adding services is free and every freelancer needs to add services
- All subscriptions whose expiry goes over 60 days will be deleted.
- We will offer individualized support to freelancers who are not getting jobs and their services are not getting any orders.
All these measures are to ensure we are working with a limited number of freelancers so that it is easier for us to offer support and also it will be easier for them to get sales for their services.
How Do I know if am on Basic OR Plus membership? The differentiative feature is that Basic has a limit on number of jobs to 10 bids per month.
Therefore if you have a limit on number of jobs you can bid for in a month, that means you are on Basic.